Study to Compare Tivozanib in Combination With Nivolumab to Tivozanib Monotherapy in Subjects With Renal Cell Carcinoma
This study will be comparing tivozanib in combination with nivolumab to tivozanib alone in subjects with advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) who have had 1 or 2 prior lines of therapy, one of which was an Immune Checkpoint Inhibitor (ICI).
- Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Eligible Ages
- Between 18 Years and 130 Years
- Eligible Genders
- Accepts Healthy Volunteers
- Radiographic disease progression during or following at least 6 weeks of treatment with ICI for locally advanced or metastatic RCC with a clear cell component either in first- or second-line treatment. - Subjects must have recovered from the adverse events of prior therapy or returned to baseline. - Histologically or cytologically confirmed RCC with a clear cell component. - Measurable disease per RECIST criteria Version 1.1. - Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status of 0 or 1.
- More than 2 prior lines of therapy in the advanced or metastatic setting. - History of life-threatening toxicity related to prior immune therapy. - Active, known, or suspected autoimmune disease. - Uncontrolled hypertension. - More than 1 prior line of therapy with a checkpoint inhibitor in the metastatic setting.
- Phase 3
- Study Type
- Intervention Model
- Parallel Assignment
- Primary Purpose
- None (Open Label)
Tivozanib in Combination with Nivolumab
|Subjects with refractory advanced RCC will receive 1.34 mg of tivozanib once daily (QD) for 3 weeks followed by 1 week off study drug and nivolumab every 4 weeks on Day 1 of each Cycle, until disease progression or unacceptable toxicities occur, other withdrawal criteria are met, or completion of 2 years of treatment [for nivolumab] whichever occurs first.||
|Subjects with refractory advanced RCC will receive 1.34 mg of tivozanib once daily (QD) for 3 weeks followed by 1 week off study drug until disease progression or unacceptable toxicities occur, or other withdrawal criteria are met.||
- AVEO Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Study ContactChief Medical Officer
This will be an open-label, randomized, controlled, multicenter, multi-national, parallel-arm study. The study is designed to compare the progression free survival (PFS), overall survival (OS), Objective response rate (ORR), duration of response (DoR), and safety of tivozanib and the combination of tivozanib with nivolumab. Approximately 326 subjects with refractory advanced RCC at approximately 190 sites will be randomized in a 1:1 ratio to treatment with tivozanib plus nivolumab (163 subjects) or tivozanib (163 subjects). Subjects will be randomly assigned to a treatment. Subjects will receive 1.34 mg of tivozanib once daily (QD) for 3 weeks followed by 1 week off study drug. One cycle will be defined as 4 weeks: 3 weeks on treatment and 1 week off treatment. Subjects who receive nivolumab will be infused with 1 treatment of nivolumab at specified dose on specified days of each Cycle. Subjects with documented stable disease or an objective response may continue to receive both tivozanib and nivolumab therapy at the same dose and schedule until progression as long as the tolerability is acceptable. Nivolumab will be discontinued in all subjects after 2 years. A Safety Follow-up Visit will be performed 30 days (± 7 days) after the last dose of study drug.